Are you a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker? Do you need to be the master of your business destiny and make full use of all those internet tools you have heard will give you a presence online, an extra edge and ensure that you can be found by those who now micromanage using their iphones, ipads and computers.
If you need to launch yourself online this is the course for you. We will work together to determine which tools are going to benefit you and your business. We will use the easily managed WordPress, blogging technology to establish an interactive web site that connects you to Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Pinterest or whatever other programs meet your specific needs.
Your ten week journey, using your own computer, connected to our WiFi will take you on an adventure using WordPress. WordPress is an Open Source software system used by millions of people around the world to create beautiful websites and blogs. Originally WordPress was blogging software but since its creation a lot has changed. Today it is used by almost everyone looking to build a website, and has no real limit as to what can be done with a bit of learning. It is completely customisable by the use of themes and plugins; which can be easily downloaded from the WordPress site or from hundreds of other places around the web.
By the end of the course you will have:
- been guided, step by step, to set up a blog that is easy to administer and individualistically customize.
- made use of post and pages
- learned how to use widgets
- developed link-building Strategies
- discovered that you can have multiple users posting on your site
- come to understand safe cyber practices
- developed content writing skills
- learned how to create a digital portfolio
- discovered diverse, imaginative web applications to meet individual needs
- understood how to monetize your blog and promote your business
- learned about building niche communities and online groups
- helped to grow a Continuing Ed WordPress Community
- know more about Social Media Optimization
- And much more…
Aside from coming away with a greater understanding of the potentiality of web applications you will have skills that could be applied, working as, amongst other things, a publicist, freelance blog writer, a digital skills trainer, writing tech news for a company or as a web designer
This course suits a diverse range of individuals. Aside from butchers, bakers and candlestick makers this course will suit a range of visual artists seeking to establish an online gallery presence. It will also be ideal for hobbyists and those wanted to reach out and connect and build niche communities.